Filter Performance Chart
Activated Carbon Filter Characteristics
- Uses adsorption to remove/reduce chlorine, chlorine by-products and carbon based volatile organic compounds (VOCs) including herbicides, pesticides, radon from water, unpleasant taste and odor.
- Activated carbon filter has a finite holding capacity and is based on the size of the filter and the concentration of contaminants in the water. When the activated carbon becomes saturated, contaminants can flow from the carbon back into the solution.
- Best practice to place the activated carbon filter down stream from the ceramic filter to prevent fouling of the carbon filter adsorption sites and prevent microbial contamination of the activated carbon.
- Activated carbon filter should be removed from housing and allowed to dry between uses if longer than 72 hours. The first several gallons of water pumped should be discarded upon initial and reuse of the filter.
Activated carbon filter should not be relied on to remove bacteria, viruses, or cysts.
Shipping & Warranty
- Available in U.S.
- 30-Day returns on unused and unopened filters
There are no reviews yet.